12/10/2007

Random thoughts for a Monday

1.  I finished more ornaments:

2d2a0aaf713bd0da4c057ed0ae3c0a66.jpg
I also cheated and bought those little glass ornaments you can open up.  I was going to originally put pom-poms in all of them, but it proved to be too annoying to make all of those little things.  So some are just stuffed with yarn, beads, or little Christmas doodads.
b0b3eb07605590cb9f272dddbd810d5d.jpg

2.  I am tired of 80 degree weather in December.  As I was trying to take the picture above, I was being attacked by mosquitoes.  When it doesn't get cold, those things don't die!  That's my excuse for the picture being so bad. :)

3.  Entrelac is so fun!
5823fae481eda3e6faff629109c5c9b9.jpg
78aa84042bc334f8c1219407568276e8.jpg
Yarn: SWS in Natural Earth
Notes:  So much fun to make!  And it only took a couple of days.  I love the yarn, and it worked perfectly for this pattern.  Will make a good gift, since I certainly don't need it here.

4. Flair is finished!  It's blocking right now.  I'm afraid it will be a bit small, but I'm hopeful that Summer Tweed will stretch.

5. I am so making this tree.  However, it is much harder to find green Fun Fur than you might think.  I had to go to three different stores to find any sort of green eyelash yarn, and in an entire wall of fuzzy yarns at Hobby Lobby they only had one ball in green!  Luckily their brand has much more yardage so I only needed one ball.  Whoever thought I'd be running around Houston in search of Homespun and Fun Fur?

Comments

Very cool stuff, all of it. I can't wait to see your tree.

Posted by: Liz | 12/11/2007

cute ornaments! Hope it cools down soon for you.

I've never tried entrelac, but it looks like fun. I just need to find the right yarn for it.

Posted by: amanda | 12/11/2007

I think I need some knit ornaments for our tree - the cats adore anything breakable, it seems.

And a big YES on the mosquitos - I was devoured while dragging our tree indoors last weekend!

Posted by: kelp! | 12/12/2007

so cute! I saw this recently at knitty and thought to myself "I should make that"

Posted by: Liz | 12/12/2007

It has cooled off a bit here is Dallas - how about you?
I love your onraments; they look so cheery :-) Maybe I should hang my poor little felted socks on our tree?
And Wisp looks lovely.

Thanks for your comments - I am knitting Mom a Mr. Greenjeans too.

Posted by: Ceci | 12/13/2007

I wasn't too sure what I thought of Quant, but now that I see it on you I really like it! I think it's just the thing for a girl with short hair, too.

Posted by: Karma | 12/14/2007

The ornaments and headband look awesome - I love the colorway on Quant!

You are more then welcome to have some of our cold weather from Iowa - winter has set in way to early!

Posted by: essjay | 12/18/2007

I wouldn't mind trying 80 degree weather for Christmas just once! Hope you had a good Christmas even if it didn't snow.

I love your headband and I can't wait to see how your knitted tree came out!

Posted by: Debby | 12/28/2007