It's a Mer-made Mermaid!
Hahahahahahaha. Can you tell I've been waiting to use that line? ;)
I finally finished!
Pattern: Mermaid by Hanne Falkenberg in color #3, size small
Hanne Falkenberg designs are only available in kits. I got mine from Cucumberpatch, either from their website or ebay store (I'm not sure which).
Needles: 3mm Addi circs and 3.25mm dpns for edging
Time to complete: June 12th (or so) to November 15th
Notes: I'm very happy with the finished product, but it was a lot of work. The knitting itself is not so hard. Garter stitch, short rows, changing colors. But the instructions were not very clear to me, and knitting a whole jacket on tiny needles can take a looong time. Of course I wasn't working on it all the time, but it still seemed to take forever.
Amy put together a very helpful Mermaid spreadsheet that I used to double check myself and I think that I got it mostly right in the end. My only modification was to do a provisional cast on so that I could do an i-cord bind off on both sides of the front. I love the i-cord edging details:
The yarn is pretty scratchy, but I guess that's ok for a jacket. Lovely colors though. And I even got to wear it yesterday--it's the perfect weight for our kind-of-cold-but-not-really fall mornings. Yay!
Well, there you have it. Have a great weekend everyone!